For some folks, the dream of owning a home is up there with the most important of life goals. House hunting can be a true adventure for certain people and they will go to open houses with wild abandon, but others may prefer a more practical approach to finding the right place to hang their hats.
This starts with asking some general lifestyle questions like:
- Where do you want to live? What city? Neighborhood?
- What price range will you consider?
- Do you want to live within the boundaries of a specific school system?
- Do you want to live near public transit? Do you want easy access to highways?
- Is neighborhood walkability important to you?
- Do you want to live in a gated community?
- Do you want to live in an area with community amenities such as a swimming pool or sports courts?
- What kind of house would you like to live in? One-story? Two-story? Townhouse?
- Is there an architectural style to which you’re drawn? Traditional? Contemporary?
- How many bedrooms do you want? How many bathrooms do you want?
- What is the minimum and maximum square footage you’ll consider?
Once you’ve got some of the lifestyle stuff figured out, it is time to think about specific home requirements. Take some time to rank each of these home qualities as “must have,” “nice to have” or “meh” using the checklist below. Identifying your priorities will help you find the perfect property for you and your family.
When you’ve completed this step, it is time to start the search. Once you’ve narrowed your choices down to specific communities (like TidalWalk), it is always wise to work with a licensed real-estate professional who can show you options that best fit all of your home requirements.
The great thing about communities like TidalWalk, is that there are multiple builders to choose from with a variety of home styles available for every taste. Each builder has on-site sales staff to walk you through their model homes and show you the very best amenities they offer.
At TidalWalk, our home builders include: 70 West Builders, D.R. Horton, Laurel Homes, and Plantation Building Corp, and we’ve got single family homes that range from $315k to $599k. We offer several move-in ready homes and custom built solutions. Call 910.899.5000 to find out more about your place in the sun at TidalWalk.